Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sweet Daughter...

http://vwordpress.stmarys-ca.edu/aaa5/files/2013/11/mother-daughter-acrylic-on-canvas-29kon8k.jpg

Last night, I was making dinner.  My kids were all fighting. Of course. I heard my 6 year old suddenly yell, "I guess I AM stupid then!!!" She ran to her room, and slammed the door. My heart broke. As i tried to find a stopping point in what I was doing, I could hear her in her room, yelling and venting about how stupid she was. I went into her bedroom and climbed up onto her bunk bed with her and wrapped my arms around her and started crying.  Asked her why she thought she was stupid.  It was because people SAY she is. Mean, bullying......STUPID people in my opinion.  I asked her if she thought she was.  She said that she did.  She did because so many people SAY she is.  I told her how good she is at MATH. And how she is a rock star at reading when it's family scripture time. I told her that she is NOT STUPID.  And the people that say she is is working for Satan.  Because dear daughter, Satan is a JERK. SATAN is the stupid one (yes, I said that). Satan wants her to not love herself, so that she won't stand up for whats right. If she thinks that she is stupid, then Satan is happy.  I told her that she is kind, and loving, and sweet, and SMART. By then she had stopped crying, and she was looking into my eyes and really listening to me.  What 6 year old looks into her moms eyes and really listens?  NOT MINE.  I was crying while i said it, because I have been hating on myself extra, and I knew how she felt.  It's how I've been feeling.  I told her how life is SO HARD when you don't love yourself.  (I should know) And that she NEEDED to love herself, because she can't always depend on people to love her.  I told her things that I need to hear. Things that I wish my mom had told me with tears rolling down her face.  I hope hope hope, that I am juuuuust not broken enough, that I don't break my kids.

PS: AH!  You should see this girl. She is so fabulously beautiful. I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment