Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Two Step



Tonight was my Healing Through Christ support group. I was the only one who showed. This is fine, the facilitator is awesome. She didn't have brownies, but she had lemon squares. We were on step 7. Humility. Oy. Pass the lemon squares. Humility is hard. There was a paragraph that reminded me a lot of me, and of this blog. Here it is:

"As we become willing to release our weaknesses, we may find we are prepared to let go of them one day, but wanting to hang onto them the next.  this pattern is a natural part of the process of change.  Recognizing this instinctive interference can help us avoid discouragement.  Rather than expecting instant perfection, we should focus on progressing one day at a time.  This requires us to continue practicing patience"

I think patience is a vile word. But it is what it is. This paragraph made me think of how I came home  from the Togetherness Project thinking "I'm going to have this awesome blog! And I'm going to love myself! And I'm going to help people!" Cut to blog post Where I lost my sh*t. (I curse, I can't help it.)  but that's okay! I was just being human! I was just following my "instinctive interference". We went of topic a little talking tonight about how when we pretend everything is perfect, we aren't doing anyone favors. So you are very welcome, when I lose my mind and blog from my bathroom floor, that is me, not doing anyone any favors!

We are okay! We are all okay. It is two steps forward and one step back. But if any of you start taking two, or even three steps back, please contact me. Please let me know! If you are reading this, I am in it with you. We are all human, and that isn't something to be ashamed of.

1 comment:

  1. Camilla, I love this. Seriously. You are beautiful.

    I also hate patience... sometimes. And I also hate perfectionism even though I'm a perfectionist. My perfectionism is a weakness I am slowly letting go of. I'm very impatient when it comes to that.

    We are okay. Even if we take too many steps backward, God is there with a fence nudging us forward. We will be okay. Love you!

    ReplyDelete